Latest Posts

Happy New Day!

By 22:00 , , , , , , , , , ,

 

Well its that time of the year again- the end!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas (or day off if you didn't celebrate it) :) That was actually a week ago, if you still can't believe how quickly the day came and went! Much like this whole year to be honest, I think 2013 has gone by very fast but I probably say that about every year. 

People generally seem to be much happier saying 'Happy new year!', than when it was Christmas time when there was too much stress, chaos, bad weather etc for anyone to genuinely wish each other a merry Christmas. 

There's something about the approach of a new year that makes people feel as if something really big is happening, when actually, (if you want to take the joy out of it) it's just going to be Wednesday. New year= another 24 hours has just gone by. Sorry! LOL my point is that it's amazing to think how something so normal, that has no connections to any one person (like a birthday or anniversary) is so greatly observed and celebrated on each new beginning of a year. 

I don't have any New Year resolutions and I haven't done a great deal of reflecting on the year gone by/what it has meant to me....the most significant thing that has happened to me and that I am grateful for in 2013, is that I am still here today. I made it! 365 days later and I am still here, thank you Lord!

This year has definitely been full of highs and lows, with memories made and mistakes committed that I probably won't remember in detail, but ones that I got through nonetheless. This by itself is cause for celebration, because for every 24 hours that I called a new day, it was a 24 hours that somebody else didn't get to live. For every new Wednesday that I took no notice of, it was the anniversary of a loved one's passing. 2013 claimed many lives that won't get to see the new year, but it also gave birth to new lives that will. I am still here today and so are you. To me that's the greatest gift that God has given me this year and the only thing I hope for next year. Something so normal as a day in the year, that has no connections to any one person, should be greatly observed and celebrated each new morning. 

So as this day gradually draws to a close and we wait for a new one, I want to wish whoever reads this post, not just a happy new year, but a happy new day, every day. 

Thanks for reading, God bless you, and see you on the other side!
Tomi xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments