Latest Posts

How To Wear Braid Cuffs

By 22:22 , , , , , , , , ,

When I was in London a while ago, I noticed a lot of the girls with braids and twists were wearing gold/silver hair cuffs. I was so surprised because I haven't seen this hairstyle since I was in primary school (which makes me sound so old!), and it was mainly girls in my class with cornrows, or ladies with dreads that I used to see wearing them.


The braid cuffs/beads typically looked like this on the girls I saw: 

Hair idea: Gold braid cuffs. Would you accessorise your braids? Yay or nay?
(untouchmyhair.tumblr.com)
Feeling all nostalgic, I wanted to try the style myself. I bought these cuffs at my favourite beauty supply shop in London, Paks. It was only 99p and came with these colourful elastic bands (which I don't think I'll be using) 


The cuffs are easy to open, just pull apart gently


I don't have braids or twists at the moment so I improvised and tried this style first: 

This actually turned out to be a useful way to keep the hair off my face, I just used the cuffs like bobby pins/kirby grips. 

Then I tried it with a couple of chunky twists (sorry for the bad quality...thumbs up for car selfies!)




Here are the cuffs in a messy pony tail....I don't think it looked as good though, what do you think?


(don't mind my edges!)

I know overall they look a bit razz LOL, but the style grew on me throughout the day and I think I'll try them again with actual braids next time. 

So what do you think, would you wear these? 


Tomi xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Am so glad I found this post now I know where to buy them from, they look so lovely. Didn't know you could wear it with weave, but I like the look and great post x

    ReplyDelete