Latest Posts

Woman In Black: MUA 'Raven' Lipstick

By 01:39 , , , , , ,



My current make up guilty pleasure is definitely lipstick! Even though I only wear, maybe 5 of the 1,345,987 lipsticks that I have (I wish) , I always love coming across new colours. Blame it on the lipstick makers that come up with 20+ different varieties of pink, red and 'nude'. 

I spotted for the first time this black lipstick in Superdrug, by the brand MUA (in the shade Raven). At first I said "noooooo! I can't wear black lipstick, am I a winch?" (I will never be a winch in Jesus name!). But then I saw it as a challenge and I wanted to see if I can make it work somehow. Plus it was only a pound so it was a cheap challenge (...I'm always buying cheap stuff lol I'm starting to see a pattern in the stuff I post!). Take a look at the results:



I had to do it with flash on too, so I can get a 'true' colour lol.

The lipstick is quite thin in colour, which makes it great for building up gradually, but this also meant that it came across as a dark brown towards the middle of my bottom lip. I also cheated a little and used a berry lip-liner just to make the edges a little less harsh. Saying that, I think black lipstick would be great for an ombre lip using darker colours- black and burgundy or black and purple for example. 

What do you think? Would you try a bold black lip? 

Adorno love the blue eyeshadow on dark skin, deep skin tones, pretty black women "Model: Jule Domingos." Dobet Gnahoré  Grammy Award-winning and World Music-nominated Ivorian musician and singer Dobet Gnahoré’s style is beyond your wildest Afro-punk dreams. (credit)
(credit)                                               (credit)


Thanks for reading xx



You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. You look lovely wearing black lipstick, I like the ombre idea and I laughed at the winch part lol. I couldn't pull this off because I always no matter what end up looking like I just woke up for a bad dream when i wear dark lipstick, I look horrendous. However I am all for dark purple. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know if I'm brave enough to wear it outside though :/ A bad dream haha aw no I'm sure it's not like that. You could try dark lip-liners instead as a kind of tester, and it wouldn't be as harsh as a dark lipstick. Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it :) xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love black lipstick too, it's got that badass vibe, but I look like a winch when I use it lol. I do wear dark purple lipstick though, occasionally. It does suit you very well, and you totally rocked it.

    http://thosecoffeemornings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Hannah (or Tsvetelina...or both lol)! I think maybe if we all start wearing black lipstick like black is the new ruby woo, we might be able to combat this winch problem :P xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you for visiting my site Tomi, and I appreciate your comment.
    Some ladies can pull off the black lipstick without looking like winchy or is it vampire...ahahhahaa....sorry couldn't help laughing.
    It suits you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem, you wrote an interesting blogpost (as you can tell by my vexed comment lol). Thanks for your kind comment :) maybe it will be OK to wear in public then...except for church, probably not church lol!

      Delete